Service Officer

If you have members that want to be an accredited representative with a Veterans Service Organization (VSO), they can apply for employment with GDVS when vacancies become available. GDVS Field Offices and the Appeals Division are accredited to file  claims for veterans with POA with: Georgia Department of Veterans Service, American Legion, VFW, American Red Cross, American Ex-POWs, Jewish War Veterans, Retired Enlisted Association, and Fleet Reserve Association.  GDVS files all claims and appeals for the American Legion in Georgia. Other states and departments do things differently.

Other VSOs within the State of Georgia file claims for veterans: AMVETs, DAV, Wounded Warrior etc. so you may be able to apply for employment with them and become accredited with them .

Another way is to become a CLAIMS AGENT. This is INDIVIDUAL accreditation and you would be filing claims for Veterans UNDER YOUR OWN NAME not the American Legion. See attached for how to become a CLAIMS AGENT. Training is on your own. There are services that train claims agent for a fee such as:



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.